Monday, April 27, 2009

Microsoft Surface and Dendrite Explosion


In the first week of April '09, I experienced my first Microsoft surface in the visitor center in building 92 on the Microsoft campus. The device was running the "attractor" application which renders a virtual pond.

I worked, I went right over and started playing with it, running my fingers across the surface and watched with amusement as the "water" rippled away from my finger tips. "Neat!" I thought to myself. I asked the friend of mine who I was with, "Is this commercially available?".

What I saw was very fun but not something that "blew my mind". I was intrigued and was looking forward to seeing where Microsoft might be going with this technology.

Then I heard some more about this device and when to the web site and absolutely fell in love with this device. Or at least the demo reel for this device.

I have been sketching ideas for user controls and new applications for this device like a house a fire!

Now..... I am looking forward to seeing where I will be going with this technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment